Work undertaken to-date in addition to all current courses in progress:
Taichi at Duchesne House, 2008 - 2018
“Our elderly sisters and their associates participated for an hour on a weekly basis. They look forward to both the physical activity that was adapted to their varying disabilities and energy levels, but also the social stimulation provided by the group relationships that developed through the tea and cake afterwards.
Hamid was sensitive to both the elderly religious background as well as the care homes function needs, complying with CQC requirements for DBS checks. Our GP was very happy this kind of opportunity was being offered to patients.
We appreciated his concern for each and every one in his group, as well as the flexibility of his sessions at short notice due to our refurbishment or personal needs.
Personally, I am very grateful for his service and contribution to Duchesne Community life and wish him every future happiness”. Julie Murrin - Registered Care Manager, 16 Jan 2019
- Lambeth Council for patients referred by GPs 2008 – 2016: South London T’ai Chi has been running a course for Lambeth Council for patients referred by GPs. This initiative is part of Lambeth Council’s Healthy Lifestyles GP Referral Scheme: All movements are carefully chosen to cater for people with medical conditions.
“It has been a real pleasure working with you over the years, you have been extremely professional and caring and have provided excellent sessions that were engaging, motivational and inspiring. Many of your clients have commented on how much they enjoyed and valued what taught them and I know they will agree that this will be a huge loss to our programme.”
Marcia Dillon, Healthy Lifestyles Manager, March 2016
- Alzheimers Society Tooting - 2019
- Alzheimers Society Tooting - 2018
- Alzheimers Society Tooting - 2017
- The Kairos Centre, Roehampton 2015
- The Shala yoga and Pilates Centre 2014 - 2015
- Alzheimers Society Putney - 2015
- Alzheimers Society Tooting - 2015
- Alzheimers Society Balham - 2015
- Honeywell Infant School 2011-2015
- Tai Chi Forms Comparison - 3rd WORKSHOP - February 2014
- Taichi Workshop in reCentre Health Clinic Balham - April 2014
- Alzheimers Society Putney - 2014
- Figure of 8 in Tai Chi - 2nd Workshop, November 2013
- Tai Chi Balanceand Longevity - 1st Workshop, Tooting - June 2013
- Mimosa Women’s Support Group 2013
- S.T.O.R.M - Battersea - 2013
- Alzheimers Society Tooting - 2013
- L&Q Neighbourhood Group - 2013
- Streatham Therapy Centre, Streatham - completed July 2012
- Lambeth Age UK - Streatham completed June 2012
- Cowick Housing Association - 2011-2012
- East Dulwich WI - 2011
- Lambeth Age UK - Streatham completed November 2011
- Age Concern Wandsworth - Cowick Housing, Tootting 2011
- Age Concern Programme - for the residents of Hanover Court, West London - 13 Weeks Programme completed in Feb 2011.
- L&Q Neighbourhood Group - for the residents of L&Q Housing Trust in Brixton - 6 Weeks Programme completed in Dec 2010.
- Myatt’s Fields Park, for the residents of Lambeth, Brixton - 4 months project completed in Oct 2009. This course was subsidised by Lambeth Council and took place every Wednesday to encourage the use of newly refurbished park.
- Women of Wandsworth - WOW Mums Battersea originally started in May 2009, was subsidised by Wandsworth Council for 15 months until July 2010. This course was made open to the general public in Sept 2010 and now takes place every Fridays, 10.00 - 11.30am in Katherine Low Settlement, 108 Battersea High Street, London, SW11 3HP.
- Brandlehow Primary School in Putney, six sessions in 2011
- Age UK Lambeth, 13 weeks programmes starting in 2011 and continued into 2012
- Homewoods Sheltered Housing - Balham 2012
Many repeated “Introductory Sessions” for the following:
- Introductory Taichi for South West London Health Protection - Lambeth, November 2015
- UCU (Universities & Colleges Union) members in Lambeth, Clapham Park Project (Women’s Group)
- Balmuir Gardens GP Surgery in Wandsworth
- Ferndale Community Centre-Brixton, Wandsworth Council - Festive Reunion Event (MEND)
- Active Days Conference - 2009 supported by the Age Concern in Wandsworth
- Wandsworth Primary Care Trust - St Michaels Day Centre in Clapham
- Graveney Day Care Centre in Tooting
- Age Activity Centre in Tooting
- St John’s Hill Centre in Battersea
- Battersea Scout Centre
- Elmwood Court in Battersea
- Ashmead Care Centre
- Open Door Community Centre
- Primrose Hill Community Centre in Camden
- Amida and Nuffield Health Clubs in Twickenham
- Lambeth Festival of Sport 2009 and 2010
- Active Workplaces Project for NHS-PCT in (Government Office of London)
- Black Sun PLC employees in Fulham - 10 weeks programme
- The Furzedown Festival in Wandsworth 2010 and 2011
- Honeywell Infant School in Battersea since 2010 ongoing twice a year
- Lambeth Council - to promote the new leisure and health centre in Norwood. Tessa Jowell and many local Cllrs were among the VIP’s attended this session.
- July 2010 presented a programme to British Lung Foundation in South West London
- September 2010 participated in the Activate Programme by Lambeth Council